Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||061819083X 9780618190836 0618190821 9780618190829|
|Description:||xv, 542 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||Getting started: a basic reading list --
Notes on the contributors --
|Other Titles:||Children's books and their creators|
|Responsibility:||Anita Silvey, editor.|
This new volume introduces readers to the wealth of children's literature by focusing on the essentials -- the best books for children, the ones that inform, impress, and, most important, excite young readers. This edition features more than 475 entries on the best-loved children's authors and illustrators, numerous essays on social and historical issues, thirty personal glimpses into craft by well-known writers, illustrators, and critics, and invaluable reading lists by category. The essential guide to children's books and their creators summarizes the canon of contemporary children's literature, in a practical guide essential for anyone choosing a book for or working with children.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Children's literature, American -- Bio-bibliography -- Dictionaries.
- Children -- Books and reading -- United States -- Dictionaries.
- Children's literature, American -- Dictionaries.
- Children's literature -- Bio-bibliography -- Dictionaries.
- Children's literature -- Dictionaries.
- Geschichte 1900-2001.
- Children -- Books and reading.
- Children's literature.
- Children's literature, American.
- United States.