Getting this item's online copy...
Find a copy in the library
Getting this item's location and availability...
Find it in libraries globally
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Susan A Ambrose
|ISBN:||9780470484104 0470484101 9780470484104|
|Description:||xxii, 301 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.|
|Contents:||List of figures, tables, and exhibits --
Foreword /Richard E Mayer --
About the authors --
Introduction: Bridging learning research and teaching practice --
1: How does students' prior knowledge affect their learning? --
2: How does the way students organize knowledge affect their learning? --
3: What factors motivate students to learn? --
4: How do students develop mastery? --
5: What kinds of practice and feedback enhance learning? --
6: Why do student development and course climate matter for student learning? --
7: How do students become self-directed learners? --
Conclusion: Applying the seven principles to ourselves --
Appendix A: What is student self-assessment and how can we use it? --
Appendix B: What are concept maps and how can we use them? --
Appendix C: What are rubrics and how can we use them? --
Appendix D: What are learning objectives and how can we use them? --
Appendix E: What are ground rules and how can we use them? --
Appendix F: What are exam wrappers and how can we use them? --
Appendix G: What are checklists and how can we use them? --
Appendix H: What is reader response/peer review and how can we use it? --
Name index --
|Series Title:||Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series.|
|Other Titles:||Seven research-based principles for smart teaching|
|Responsibility:||Susan A. Ambrose [and others] ; foreword by Richard E. Mayer.|
* Presents a set of 7 theory- and research-based principles of learning in a clear structure and digestible format. * The seven core principles of how students learn presented in this book integrate theory with relevant examples in practice, helping faculty to use the information in their own teaching.
Retrieving notes about this item
- Effective teaching -- Case studies.
- Educational innovations -- Case studies.
- School improvement programs -- Case studies.
- Learning, Psychology of -- Case studies.
User lists with this item (18)
- WCU-OC Research Resources(202 items)
by WCUOCLibrary updated about a month ago
- Teacher Resource(2 items)
by ruthneveu updated 2014-10-29
- Faculty Resources(21 items)
by LSSULibrary updated 2014-10-10
- Things to Check Out(13 items)
by firstname.lastname@example.org updated 2014-10-08
- Things to Check Out(51 items)
by jwestbro updated 2014-06-23